Monday, May 7, 2012

A What!?


Starr and I have started writing our story. It's a long, dramatic, hilarious and sometimes corny love story. We have over 4,000 words done so far and haven't even gotten to our first kiss! But we'll get there, for now.. here is a little excerpt, part of chapter 4 and 5: 

"...I would show up at work extra early, especially on the weekends, just for the chance to get to spend a extra few minutes with her. I wanted to be there to walk her to the door, help her get the store opened up, and spend quality time together before anyone else showed up. I wanted to be around her, I wanted her to want to be around me. She was cute, she was sweet, she was innocent in her own ways. There was just something about her that mesmerized me. I got to flirt in that sneaky way that she thought was just a friendly gesture. We talked about everything; friends, crushes, family, our pasts, music, what we liked to do for fun. We would goof around and have fun. We worked well together and got our work done, but we would also be lazy, and lay in the booths and listen to music and just talk when we were slow. We started to become friends and the closer we got, the further I fell. We started to make plans and hang out more outside of work. I couldn’t get enough. If she was working on a day that I didn’t, I would make an excuse to stop by. Everything about her was more perfect than I could have ever imagined. I had had crushes before, but never anything like her. Her laugh, her smile and the way she walked, I was falling in love with someone that I knew would never be mine.
Chapter 5
Hey! This is Kayla, the text read. It was Christmas morning and I had finally gotten a cell phone. I texted the only number I knew by heart and I received a reply almost simultaneously, from then on, Starr and texted constantly. A few weeks later she asked me if I wanted to play a game, it was called the question game and it was just that simple. She would ask me a question, I would answer it, she would answer it and then it was my turn to ask the question. We would play for days. The more I got to know, the more I wanted to know. She became my go to girl, anything I needed to talk about, whether it was happy, sad, embarrassing or ridiculous, she was there. She came to know all my secrets and all my dreams."

If anyone has any advice on getting published, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS TO BE FINISHEDD :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I better get a copy. A signed copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really cannot wait to read this in its entirety!

    ReplyDelete