Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Who Needs Google?

He’s been a dad for 19 years so here are 19 of my favorite words to describe him:

Quiet.
Worry wart.
Inappropriate.
Helpful.
Strong.
Thoughtful.
Smart.
Tall.
Honest.
Good.
Loving.
Ridiculous.
Protective.
Handsome.
Introverted.
Hilarious.
Ambitious.
Dedicated.
Hard worker.

Once, I heard Miss Nancy talking about my dad and she described him as the silent smile. I think it fits him perfectly. My dad is my favorite sounding board, I can call him and vent for an hour, he’ll usually be the devil’s advocate but sometimes I need that. Anytime I have a question about anything, whether it is how to do something on the computer, where the coolant goes, (I knew it was somewhere under the hood!) or if I should paint something that isn’t real wood. He always answers the phone and he always knows the answer. Who needs Google when you have a dad like mine? I know I am kind of taking over the photo contests for both Mothers and Fathers day but my parents have gone through so much this year. They lost a daughter, gained a two new ones, (Starr and new Kenzie!) I moved 8 hours away, they had to leave their home that they have lived in for the past 16 years, they had to put down Rerun, they lived in a camper for 6 months and life as they knew it has been changed forever. Now that life is finally falling back into place, I think he deserves to be treated.


You can vote for him here: http://kxlo-klcm.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=59476#SD




1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this! It must be a Zarn trait, my pops is the exact same way!!!

    I'm in love with your writing as each post comes my way! Keep it up lil' lady!!

    ReplyDelete