Wednesday, March 14, 2012

An Example for Everyone

C was Kenzie's best friend. They got along great but always denied they were more then friends. A year ago (give or take a few days) C got in an accident. He was drinking and driving. After Kenzie found out she was heart broken. I was in Billings, so the most I could do was stay up all night with her on the phone. She cried for days and days. Mom, Dad and I were helpless. I've never seen my sister more broken. She had a tough few weeks after that, a lot of people (including C) blamed her for the accident, even though she tried to take his keys and she wasn't drinking at all. She had bruises on her hands from him prying the keys away from her. After that, she hated going to school because she felt so alone. I admired her for being able to stand up for herself, even if she was the minority. Looking back, I am envious of her ability to not blame God, to actually put her faith in him. She had strength and she knew exactly what she stood for. Not everyone can say that their little sister inspires them to be a better person, but I'm proud to say that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment