Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lewistown

Kenzie and I were both born and raised in Lewistown, Mt. We lived in the same house for 15 years. We did so many things and made so many memories there.

This past weekend was the first time that I have been in Lewistown without Starr and with my own car. Every time I drove anywhere I looked to my right and expected to see Kenzie in my passengers seat. Every time I looked, she wasn't there. Every time she wasn't there, it broke my heart.

When I lived in Lewistown, Kenzie and I were inseparable. We did everything together. We would go to school, go to lunch, go to the pasture, drive around and then go home. We would stay up late talking and laughing and every time Dad yelled at us to get in bed we say that we were on our way. We built Kenzie's downstairs bedroom during my senior year. We put a sliding door between our rooms and we deemed her bedroom 'Narnia'. We would leave the door open unless Kenz was being a crab ass or we were each watching something different.

No matter where I go in town or out of town... there is a memory. All the nights we would drive the loop, her and Madison dancing in the Town Pump parking lot, teaching her and Gabby to drive manual at the subdivision, puddle jumping at the cemetary with Sara and Sarah. Plus a million more, I can still see Kenzie sitting to my right, filling up the seat with her long legs and a mane of brown hair, her window down, her right hand outside the car, nodding her head and singing at the top of her lungs whether she knew the words or not.

I can not handle Lewistown without Kenzie in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment