Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thank you!

I should be doing this next week... but I'm going to be driving from Bismarck to Lewistown, Lewistown to Great Falls, Great Falls to Billings and then back to Bismarck. I'm going to write what I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for Kenzie. I'm thankful for her life. I'm glad I got to spend all the time I did spend with her and I'm glad I got to experience the type of friendship and closeness that most people don't share with their sisters. I'm thankful to have all my memories of her, even if sometimes they are more painful then happy. I was lucky to have her in my life for 16 years. She means the world to me. I am thankful that she is still alive and making progress.

I'm thankful for my parents. I'm thankful for the love and daily sacrifice that they make for Kenzie. I'm glad we have an open relationship and that I am able to tell them anything. We have had a long year. Our relationship went up and down and everywhere in between. But we are still here and I'm thankful that we have had each other to lean on and I wouldn't be who I am today without their guidance and support these 19 years.

I'm thankful for Starr. I have experienced so many firsts with her, she has been there for everything. When I wake her up crying at 2 in the morning, she stays awake all night and talks to me until I have calmed down. She goes out of her way to do anything that will make my life easier, all while maintaining friendships, keeping her grades up, and working full time. I'm thankful for the connection that we have because a lot of people don't have that with their signicant others. I admire and love her with my whole heart.

I'm thankful for Katie. She lets me be petty and ridiculous and whiny and she always knows just what to say. She is one of those people you can tell anything to and you know it's safe with her. She is strong and doesn't hesitate to be vunerable. She is irreplaceable.

I'm thankful for Shelby. Every Thursday I wake up, eat breakfast and then call Shelby and we talk for hours. I don't have to pretend to be happy or nice or anything, it's awesome!

I'm thankful for Sandra and Perry. My other parents. They are there and always have the advice that I need. Their house is my other home and I wouldn't have it be any other way.

I'm thankful for my adoptive and extended family. That includes Ande, the kids, Jaime and Pres, Twyla, Connie, Erik, Grandma, Papa, Papa Hugh, Aunt Penny, Taylor, Joel, Madison, Rebecca, Lesley, Dana, Tricia, Amber, Wife, Naomi, Corrie and Nancy.

I'm thankful for my job. I work with some pretty ridiculous people and most of the customers are dumb as shit, but it pays my bills and I have met a few irreplaceble people that I hope to get to know even better.

I'm thankful for everyone that hurt me and acted like an idiot. Without that, I wouldn't realize just how great the people in my life are. I won't take the awesome people for granted because I know that there are people that just straight up suck. A lot of the those people apparently live or have lived in Bismarck, ND. They all made me stronger, now if someone treats me like shit I just quit them. If you get hurt over and over by the same people you learn to stop putting yourself out there.

I'm thankful for all of the love and support that my family has had these past four months. We wouldn't be where we are today without each and everyone of you.

3 comments:

  1. You always say the nicest things. I love you soo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you "in real life" but have followed your story on FB and here. I am old enough to be your mom - probably am older than her. I have admired your honesty and the love you have for your sister. I weep when you go to Great Falls to see her and are again reminded of what you have lost. No one should have to go through what you and your family have gone through. Your strength and grace amaze me and if I were your mom, I would be happy to call you my daughter. Hang in there and keep writing, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla, I agree with nmoore we dont know each other but i have been following this blog since you started. Im amazed at how honest you are no matter what. Im glad you can vent on here,Ive cried with you. i watched the video of Kenzie and cried, because she is making progress it is exciting to see that. Kayla keep being who you are You are amazing. Im sure your parents are so proud of you, I know as a parent it would be an honor to have a daughter like you . God bless, Rita

    ReplyDelete