Thursday, November 10, 2011

123 days

It's been 4 months since the accident. That's 123 days so here are the top 123 things I remember about Kenzie.

freckles - fords - she always had my back - the ability to make anyone smile - under armour - dirt roads - mountains - cinch jeans - her ability to memorize a song after hearing it once - FFA - cowboy boots - blue mt dew - the loop - sour patch kids - telling everyone they can suck her dick - her laugh - chewing her gum like a cow - short shorts - muck boots - talking shit - her hands were either so cold they were purple or they were sweaty - pistol - jalapeno corn dogs - always hungry - lil wayne - j.b. mauney - facebook fights - inapproprite as hell - meth mondays - jane fonda - her shaking her shit, regardless of the music - being loud - jason aldean - crumping contests in the town pump parking lot - kate, cole & quin - spike - huge belt buckles - camoflauge - rocking out to bad romance - sharing bus seats even we were the only 2 on the bus - white tank tops - she was the only person who loved huckleberry as much as i do - i need a guarantee - just dance competitions with madison - mushy facebook posts - that damn spacer coming out of her mouth every time she ate dots - pictures - her punches, they hurt - you need that - always being mean to the cats - her perm - the way she loved her friends - her ugly feet - rockstar rims - biting her bottom lip as she hip checks you - a mane of brown hair - constantly texting - her feet smelled like asshole - her awful handwriting - fishin' in the dark - bobcats - narnia - daisy - PBR - manswers - chex mix - ginger - sunny ledford - gay kid school - winky faces freaked her out - cummins - the pasture - her hatred of carrie underwood - multiple chinned smiley faces :)))))) - making fun of me for crying - 8 seconds - getting lost on purpose - east fork - bonfires - holding hands - 1st & main - telling dad that 'we were on our way to bed' and then we would sit in the living room talking for another 2 hours - driving around in the mini van - getting in a fight and leaving her on the side of the road - brown eyes - she wasn't allowed to burp in my car - the bridge to terabithia - socks up to her knees - she hated reading - loved shrimp -  mac & cheese - the luv - flannel - our talks with mr. long - the most beautiful girl i've ever met - stubborn as hell - ruining all of mom's candles - smacking her lips when she sleeps - never back down - long, long legs - saints - her huge smile -  April 23rd - beer pong - UNC - best friend - texts from last night - sticking her head under the faucet to drink water - carhartt jeans - the way she could turn your day around - she watched freaky friday every night before bed for months - her being a puss, law and order would give her nightmares - her wisdom - her love of life - the way she was passionate about the things she loved - she's probably the hairiest girl ever - she didn't wear makeup until she was 15 - she hated every song i ever showed her, at least until she listened to it a few times - teaching her to drive my car - staying up late playing barbies - our easter mudslide - bike rides with sam - zurich - breaking her arm, and then breaking her cast - late nights in hotel rooms, where there was no sleep and lots of laughs.

I could go on and on. Everyone says "She's in your heart." But my heart doesn't talk back to me, my heart doesn't answer my phone calls, my heart doesn't have the words to make my day better. I want my sister back. 123 days is 123 days too long. The world is not the same without her. If anyone wants to dedicate their 11.11.11 wish to her, I think we'd be one step closer to that miracle we so desperately need.


2 comments:

  1. I dedicate today to your Kenzie and to your entire family. You have all been so strong.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Kenzie day in my life, EVERY friday is (hell everyday is, but fridays are official). i wear my Kenzie shirt every friday and my bracelt everyday. I dedicate my 11.11.11 wish to you her and the family. I love you sissy!!

    ReplyDelete