Wednesday, August 17, 2011

City Lights/Introduction

Hey everyone! I'm going to be doing personal and some medical information here. Warning: I am going to vent, talk about my girlfriend, swear and sometimes be a brat. But hopefully not all at the same time. If any of these things makes you uncomfortable, go ahead and feel free to stop reading.

These days its pretty hard to be me. So far I have it under control, but everyone has a breaking point. I work at Skyes Enterprises in Bismarck, ND as a customer service representative and I actually love my job. They have been really understanding of my situation and let me do a schedule change. I have an absolutely amazing girlfriend, named Starr. She is an amazing supporter and she is with me whenever she can be. I have fallen head of heels for this girl. She drove Mom and I to the airport this morning at 5:30 this yesterday morning.

We landed in Seattle at 8 a.m. yesterday morning, the traffic was crazy. Luckily for us, my cousin Grant, picked us up and took us to the hospital. We found Dad and Kenzie in the Pediatric ICU, as soon as we reached the room we had to say "Hi" and "Bye" to Kenz. She got an ICPD put in her brain this morning, that's going to remove the spinal fluid that has been slowly pooling and causing pressure inside her skull.This procedure went well, it just took longer than we expected because they had to order up different antibiotics. (Kenz is allergic to penicillin)

 Dad and Mom went back at about 3 but Kenzie didn't get out of her surgery til around 5:30, they put a little scope in her leg and followed up her veins so they could get a good picture of her artery and the aneurysm that she has on the left side of her head. Now, its just a waiting game. The doctors are hoping the artery will fix itself and there will be no stint needed.  Originally, we were supposed to be here for only a few days, but now its 7-10. That's only if everything goes smoothly.

This city is so big. It is a huge culture shock for a small time girl like me. I'm so thankful for our wide open spaces. The hospital is on Capitol Hill and its called Harbor View. "Grey's Anatomy" was actually based off of this very same hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment