Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tell Me I'm a Wreck

Kenzie had a good day today, found out she is no longer in a coma. She is in a vegetative state and has sleep wake cycles. 

Here goes..

This entire journey has been full of ups and downs. I am balancing a work schedule, a relationship, trying to be with Kenzie as much as I can, traveling, keeping everyone updated and trying to be as strong as I can. I am so thankful to everyone who has been there for my family, whether emotionally, physically or financially. 

Having said all that... There are a select few that are making this more stressful than it needs to be. I have been called a bad sister, selfish. immature and that I will get no where in life. All of the because I wouldn't give them personal updates whenever they asked. It's challenging to update everyone individually. I do the best I can. 

Another thing that makes me crazy... There is one particular girl who posts day and night, who makes makes me crazy. She was an awful friend to Kenzie. She even came to our house to fight Kenzie. She had the audacity to tell me they made up and that I probably didn't talk to Kenzie enough to know that. Excuse me? Kenzie and I talked every singe day. She is my best friend. Other people that Kenzie didn't like told me they are putting that aside and praying for her. This girl just blatantly lies to me. It bothers me that she pretends to care so much and that they are such good friends and everyone believes her. They aren't even friends on Facebook! She pushes herself on my family and doesn't realize her boundaries. 

People don't understand how easy it is to know what's going on with Kenzie. We post updates regularly and in multiple places. I understand that people really do care, but it's frustrating when they ask for updates and telling me to keep them posted. I'm only one girl. for updates and telling me to keep them posted. I'm only one girl. 

2 comments:

  1. You are one fabulous girl, Kayla! You have shown nothing but grace, strength, and loving-kindness during this very difficult and heart-breaking journey.

    Aunt Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading your posts as often as I can. Kayla, your words are beautiful. You find ways of showing kindness, strength, and compassion that is a gift. What a wonderful gift to share. Thank you, Aunt Sandra

    ReplyDelete