Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Her Eyes, That's Where Hope Lies...

Kenzie and I had a little sister moment today. I told her I love her and her eyes, which have been unresponsive; twitched a little bit. When I talked to her, her eyelids fluttered and her head moved and she swallowed big. All of those things could be reflexes, but deep inside I don't think they were. I am mourning the loss of the sister I knew, this is going to be a different sister. Who I will love even more because I know what its like to lose her.

My Kenzie was loud and obnoxious and silly and sweet and caring and she would do anything for the ones she loved. The Kenzie that got in the car that day, won't be back. But having said all that, I'm excited for who she is going to become and how she is going to fly over these hurdles. I'm going to include some pictures in this post, from the day after the accident, all the way up to today. I want everyone to see how well her body has healed.



This is the day after the accident.

Her half mullet.








This last picture is of her with her eyes open. She's so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment