Thursday, December 29, 2011

Beat That's Super Bumpin'

I found Kenzie's iPod when I was in our Lewistown house. It's a 2nd generation silver iPod nano. It has 2 playlists on it- bumpin songs and sister songs. We drove everywhere, we would go down a dirt road just to see where it ended. We would get lost on purpose. We drove too fast with our music too loud and singing at the top of our lungs. Our favorites were Lil' Wayne, Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Garth Brooks, Jason Aldean, Cali Swag District and Luke Bryan. I bet we could we could out rap any other white girls in Montana, the more offensive the lyrics, the better. (We can rap "You Need That" by Cali Swag District from memory. I suggest you look it up. You will be offended.)

Music is one of those things that heals and hurts. Every song has a memory and it takes you back. Sometimes that is a good thing, but usually it's at an inconvient time or place. It's why I cry when I drive and why I have learned to tune out background noise.

There are songs I have to avoid and songs that I save for when I'm alone like:

"You're Gonna Miss This" Trace Adkins
"Who'd You Be Today" Kenny Chesney
"What Hurts The Most" Rascal Flatts

The sister playlist includes:

"All For You" Sister Hazel
"She Loved Me" Jason Aldean
"You Need That" Cali Swag District
"Jane Fonda" Mickey Avalon
"Get Crazy" LMFAO
"Oh Bo" Bo Burnham
"My Sister, My Friend" Reba
"Little Miss" Sugarland
"Fuckin Perfect" Pink
"John Wall" Troop 41
"One More Day" Diamond Rio
"Drop The World" Lil Wayne and Eminem
"Santa Clause" Lil Wayne
"Teach Me How To Jerk" Audio Push
"Jerk Talk" Cali Swag District
"Whisper In Ya Ear" Cali Swag District
"My Best Friend" Tim McGraw
"She's Country" Jason Aldean

P.S. I love Timeline on Facebook. I changed Kenzie's wall to it and it's easier to creep. (You're welcome and I'm sorry, Katie) I found this wall post from Kenzie on January 31st, 2011:

"please come back and sing you need that with me. in your car, when we alternateparts that talk about our lives :) and also without any help from the song cause we are just that good! you need that, you need that, you need, you need that."

No comments:

Post a Comment