Friday, December 16, 2011

You Are Who You Surround Yourself With

Friends are one of the only things in life that you get to choose. You don't get to choose your family, your classmates or your coworkers. If you complain about your friends then that is your own fault. You let those people be in your life. You picked them. No one is making you hang out with them and no one is making you talk to them. If you don't have the balls to call someone out on their shit or to just stop hanging out/talking to them then you are the one making your life miserable and there is no one to blame but yourself. You don't have to be an asshole about it, you can still be nice to someone and not be their friend.

Personally, if I don't like you, I'm not gonna hang out with you. I'm not gonna tell you personal information. I will be nice and I will make small talk. I will not hang out with you just to pacify you. I will just keep saying no.

That's why my friends are so awesome. They are the ones that have stuck around and dealt with my moody ass and have proven themselves over and over. Rockstars. :) If you fuck me over I'll give you another chance. But the second time is a different story. My Lewistown friends have a special place in my heart. You know everything about them and they know everything about you. I love them and you let the people you love have more chances. :)

1 comment: