Thursday, December 8, 2011

Grown Ups Are Rockstars

I was so ready to grow up when I was in high school. I moved 2 days after I turned 18, but I moved in with Sandra and Perry. So I didn't really accomplish much growing up. Now that Starr and I have our own place I really appreciate and admire my parents. There are just 2 of us in this house and running a household is hard!

When I was little I didn't realize how much my parents did for me. I miss it all! They cooked, cleaned, payed bills, bought us furniture, took me places and now I have to do all that myself and sucks, a lot.

Electricity, rent, cell phones, cable, Internet... Who knew you had to pay for all that! They should warn you about this shit. We had to sleep on an air mattress for a month, until we could find an affordable bed. We went without internet and tv for 2 months. I didnt know you could live without TV. Starr and I have lived here for 8 months and we are just getting the hang of it. It's almost impossible to keep up on laundry, keep a clean house and hold down a full-time job. Moral of the story: parents rock and do a lot more work then just their 40 hours.

And this is from Starr's blog, which you should all check out:

I have started to realize that my life is changing. I am growing up. I am at that age where I have had life pretty easy up till now. I have always had a job; from babysitting, to getting my first real job, then the next and next and next and next. Although I have always worked, I don’t think I really ever appreciated money. I have alway made money but I have spent it on stupid things like food, movies, electronics, or clothes I don’t need. Not only that, but I have started to realize that I have always taken granted the simple things like a house over my head, a car, gas money, clothes, and hygiene items. Lately, I have really been realizing how important the simple things in life are and how hard being an adult actually is. Making hard decisions, spending your money on things you wish you didn’t have to, watching what you spend and how you spend it, sacrificing things you used to do; although these are all hard things to adapt to, I am glad I am learning these lessons sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment