Friday, January 13, 2012

1 year!


Tomorrow, Starr and I will have been together for an entire year. What a year it's been. Instead of writing all that mushy stuff, I'll show you why I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

Here is a poem that she wrote me when we were broken up:

"I know this girl Kayla Leigh,
but our relationship has changed from what it used to be.
Everything was great till I left for school,
now when I say I love you, I look like a fool.
Whether she believes me or not, I love her so,
and no matter what happens, that I hope she knows,
she has a place in my heart and she always will.
A lot has happened but she's the love of my life still.
I want her to know she's a special girl,
and she can always send my heart of a whirl.
I have learned a lot from her through the days,
and she will be my first love, forever and always.
Maybe later in life things will work out,
if we're together in person, they will without a doubt.
No matter what happens, do not give up on me baby.
Cuz in my heart, you're forever my lady.
I do love you with my all my heart,
and I hate every day we're apart.
But for now it's the only way it can be.
Never forget, you're my baby, Kayla Leigh."

This is how she asked me to be her girlfriend:

"Love, oh love, is a journey for two,
Step by step, side by side; its only me and you,
Every moment of every day, and in all that I do,
You are every dream I have coming true.

You make my heart skip and make my head spin,
I have so much love for you deep within,
You mean everything to me and I can't wait for our life to begin,
My life will be so much better than it has ever been.

You mean so much to me, more than you will ever know,
You've changed my life and helped me learn to grow,
You stole my heart from our very first hello,
You're amazing to me and I hope my love will always show.

You will be part of me, always and forever,
And I hope I will make your life better,
You are all I need and I won't leave you again...ever,
I will be in your life, I would follow you wherever.

I can't even express how much you mean to me,
With you, love is even more than I thought it would be,
I want us to be a couple for everyone to see
When I am with you, I just feel so free.

You are my everything, my confidant, my very best friend,
With you, I have the rest of my life to spend,
I will eternally love you till the very end,
Having said all that... will you be my girlfriend?"

The accident happened:

"I love you. I know that words can't describe the emotions inside you right now... but I have seen first hand how hard this has been on you. But even more than that I have seen better than anyone how strong you have been. You are the strongest person I know. Life is hard right now but I want you to know that no matter what happens or where life takes us, that I will be here standing beside you and holding you up when you start to fall. You are my world and I will be here till the end. You have been an inspiration to thousands of people, because they all know they wouldn't be able to stay as strong as you have. As far as any haters... don't you even give them a second thought, because they don't know anything. They have not seen how amazingly strong and awesome you have been for your family and sister. You make me want to be the best person I can be and you make me want to live everyday to the fullest. I am so in love with you. You are so perfect. Remember that you have many people who love you that are here for you, especially me... I am so lucky to have you."

7 months:

"You mean a lot ot me. More than you or anyone else will ever know. We have been through some difficult and some great and unique experiences in the last seven or so months... mending our broken relationship, coming out to our parents (first time for you, second time for me), you moving to Bismarck, renting our first apartment, working together, growing closer together, making new memories... letting go of some old ones, letting go of friends, meeting and making new friends, and we most certainly can't leave out Kenzie's accident. All of these experiences have molded, tried and proved how strong we are. Our love is strong and my love for you grows every single day."

11/11/11 happened:

"11. You are everything and more than I could ask for: You are my soulmate, the best thing that has ever happened to me. You make me a better person. You are my reason for living. You have been there for me through a lot, and I could not imagine life without you. We know each other so well, and you are who I want for the rest of forever.

10. You are just so dang cute: You are so pretty and cute and sexy and beautiful. I am lucky to have such a hot girlfriend! Mmm.

9. You have my back: You would kill someone if you knew it would make my life better. If someone hurts me, they automatically have hurt you. You odn't take shit from anyone, and you are always on my side.

8. You are not afraid to show your love: You would get on the rooftop and shout your love for me. You are not afraid to show that you love me, no matter who might care. You always send the cutest little texts, do things that show you care, write about me in your blog, and post all over Facebook. I love that you love to show that you love me, it makes me feel special.

7. You let me be me: You don't try to change me. You love me for who I am, and you don't expect me to be who I am not.

6. You put up with me: You let me get mad, stress about everything, be an asshole, and you still love me even when I don't deserve it.

5. You make me laugh: Some of my best memories are the late night tickle fights, the fits of laughter that last longer than they should, the inside jokes, and how we can turn any situation into a reason to laugh or make fun of someone.

4. You don't care what others think: You love me for who I am, and you don't care what anyone else things. You will hold my hand or kiss me; especially when toher people stare so we can freak them out! :)

3. You are so passionate: You love like no one else ever could. You are not afraid to show it and I that about you.

2. You have loved me for the past 4 years even when I was an asshole: you never left my side even when I turned my back on you. You kept me in your heart and waited for me to come back.

1. We fit so perfectly: you are everything that I am not; you are the (anything) to my (anything). Insert anything, and that would describe us perfectly. "

Just last week:

"Going back to 2008 and seeing everything that has happened from then till now, makes me realize how dumb I was for letting you go way back when, how lucky I was that you were wtill waiting around, and how smart I was for coming back to you. You truly are the best, most beautiful (inside and outside), special amazing, take-my-breath-away person I have ever met. I love you. McSexy... you are my woman!"

No comments:

Post a Comment