Friday, January 6, 2012

Maaaaaaaaaam

My mom is the coolest mom in the whole world. She's my best friend and she is always on my side, even if my side sucks. We are very similar: loud, inappropriate, crazy, swear like sailors, short, we think we're hilarious, we're often emotional wrecks, we cry all the time, we talk about feelings, we love with our whole hearts and we aren't afraid to be who we are. She is one amazing lady who taught me a lot about life and a lot about myself.

1. It's okay to be yourself. It's okay to have strong opinions and it's okay if not everyone likes you. You don't need to change for anyone. If someone doesn't like you just for being you then they don't matter.

2. You don't need to hide your emotions. No one can tell you how to feel or when to feel it. You don't have to pretend to be okay, if you're having a sucky day then say you're having a sucky day. If you're over hydrated, you're over hydrated and that means you're gonna cry. Just cry, don't even think twice.

3. You do what you have to do to keep your family together. Our counselor says we are quite the co-dependent bunch.

4. The most valuable lesson she taught me was that I don't need to be in a relationship to be happy or fufilled. I don't know how she did it, since her and my dad have always been together, but she raised Kenzie and I to be independent. We grew up knowing that we did not HAVE to be with anyone, if we were in a relationship, great. If we weren't, great. It doesn't matter. Not enough parents taught their children this lesson.

My dad is pretty great too, but my mom's birthday tomorrow, so this blog is for her. :) Love you, Maaaaaaaam.

No comments:

Post a Comment